The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams – Oprah Winfrey
I have been blogging now for 7 or so months and I thought it was about time I share a few facts about me. I love to read these sorts of posts, I always find it interesting to see which facts people have decided to include! Hopefully my facts about me are interesting too. We shall see!
- I have just started a bullet journal and I love filling it out! I started the planning and preparation for it in September so it was ready to use in October. So far it has helped to keep me on track with some of my October goals and I’m really happy with it!
- I moved out in 2011 to go to university and I attended Staffordshire University. I was originally enrolled onto Ba(Hons) Early Childhood Studies but after completing the first year I decided I needed a change and switched courses to BSc(Hons) Film Production Technology. I graduated in 2015 with a degree in film production. However, if I could go back and talk to 17 year old me applying for universities, I would tell myself to choose a different course entirely. Maybe social work or speech and language therapy.
- Okay, this one is my ‘go-to interesting fact’ about me. When I was 2 I was left handed. However, I was then hospitalised with pneumonia and they put the cannula/splint on my left hand so I had to relearn everything with my right hand. I’m not sure how long I was in hospital for but I know that I caught chicken pox shortly after and was hospitalised again due to the severity.
- When I was 16 my brother bought me a bass guitar for my birthday. I can’t get rid of it, even though I don’t play. It’s too pretty and too sentimental!
- Giving birth is probably the most traumatic thing that I’ll ever do.
- I love dance and the theatre. I desperately hope Emily enjoys these things too! Despite my love of all things performance, performing is not for me. I would love to be able to dance but I would never do it in front of a crowd.
- There is only one film (that I can think of right now) that I could watch over and over and never get bored. If you’ve never watched The Prestige you NEED to watch it! I’m not exaggerating when I say as soon as the end credits roll I want to play it from the start again.
- I’ve only ever been on a plane once (well twice, if you count the flight back). For my 21st birthday we went to Thassos, Greece for two weeks. The flight literally blew my mind. I think being so old when I flew for the first time really made me appreciate how amazing it is that we can fly to a whole new country in a matter of hours.
- If you asked me to choose a favourite book I couldn’t do it. My dream home would be a library with unlimited snacks and all the cosy reading nooks. During the holiday mentioned above, I read 10 books in 14 days and it was HEAVEN.
- My favourite colour is blue. I wanted to write my dissertation on colour but changed my mind at the last minute and wrote a business based project instead.
Love Laura xx